So Wimbledon starts today and of course I just love people/celeb watching (rather than watch the actual tennis ;-)
In previous years Kate Middleton has arrived on the first day as the Patron of Wimbledon (that's one way to bag the best seat in the house).
In the past she has arrived looking gorgeous as always in a polka-dot Dolce & Gabbana dress with what looked like a slightly shorter hairstyle.
She set the dress off with lovely ankle strap sandals and a structured Victoria Beckham bag.
If the All England Club dress code is grueling for players it has relaxed slightly more for spectators over the years.
Technically, torn jeans, dirty trainers, running vests and sports shorts are out. Hooorrraaahhh!!!!
So what is the dress code?
* a form of white dress is welcomed aka Kate in previous years. But white can be tricky if your legs are as pale as your outfit. Just don't go for the orange/fake tanned look.
|Kate Middleton in Alexander McQueen (2016)|
* If white feels too much I think any summer dress should be your first port of call. However, do not do a Victoria Beckham and turn up in something closely resembling lingerie as she did to watch the Men's Final in 2013. Her Louis Vuitton dress was frowned upon. What do you think? Was it a good call or not? For me, it was a
cocktail number not really for a sports event.
* the general rule is don't choose too short or too tight.
Good call or not?
* A statement necklace can brighten up your neckline (as this is the part that the cameras will get when scanning the crowds).
|Turquoise pendants here and here|
* Don't forget your shades to shield your eyes as sun hats are frowned upon for the obvious reasons; restricting the viewing of those behind you.
|My favourite Ray Bans of the moment; Rayban Round|
I would love to know your thoughts. Do you think there should be a dress code? Is the dress code for spectators and players what make Wimbledon so different to playing at other tournaments?
As always let me know your thoughts
p.s Did I ever tell you I used to watch
RF practise when he was my cousin's tennis partner at their local tennis club in Switzerland
when we were all kids (well they were kids, I was a little older? ;-) His Mum and my Aunt were both born in South Africa! and subsequently became close friends when they both de-camped to Switzerland and married Swiss men) If only I knew then what I know now!!!
Back to LUXURIA