OK, by the time this post goes out I will be celebrating another
year older, and hopefully another year wiser (but the
latter is still up for debate ;-)
Here's some of the things I've learnt as I continue my
studies in the University of Life
* stop trying to convince anyone of anything
* try and go with the flow whenever you can. Rowing upstream
only causes you more resistance. However, going with the flow is not the
same as bailing out. Don't be fooled ;-)
*The worst lie you can tell yourself is, "I will
be happier when................"
*I'm learning not to worry about what comes next
* You're never as wrong as when you are sure you are right
(think about it ;-)
*If you don't give with a true sense of joy, don't bother giving
* Logic has it's limits. People who worship logic all the time
tend to suffer in their happiness and relationships
*It's not easy being grateful all the time. But it's when you feel
least thankful that you are most in need of what gratitude can give you
(honestly, it works every time!)
*Goals are good, but don't let them dictate your life.
Sometimes in pursuit of a goal, we miss the real, unexpected
prize which is always better
*It's great to have an edge, but if you are too sharp you will cut the
people around you
* The Universe whispers to you first. Then it taps you on the
shoulder. If you're still not listening it will punch you
in the gut and drop you to your knees! So pay
attention to your instincts (they are your
* Buying jewelry is like buying jeans. The budget
is different, but once you know what suits you. it's easy :-)
(You go little girl !!)
* Style cannot be bought; it's something you learn.
It's ever evolving. You'll make some big style mistakes
that you will learn from, but which will also make you
belly laugh in years to come.
* Logic will take you from A to B.
Imagination will take you everywhere
(OK, I'm imagining this bag on my arm this summer ;-)
* For me the word "doubt" means don't. Don't move.
Don't answer. Don't rush forward
(A mantra to live by)
I would love to hear what the University
of Life has definitely taught you.
All images courtesy of Pinterest